Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gee - That's a Lot of Wine!


"What are you going to do with all that wine," my wife asked shortly after my fifth trip to Bluff Bew Haus.
It was last October and I had recently decided to dip my toe in the pool of going back to the wine making hobby I enjoyed back in the 70's. But you know how that goes - right? Eight batches later and an orange chocolate port to die for... well, I'm hooked.
Last fall I dug nine holes at our cabin near Blanchardville, WI. I'm thinking I need to make it fifteen holes. We will need to lose a few trees - but might as well start a vineyard - don't you think? In any case - there's that old line about how "it takes one to know one!" So hopefully a new wine maker's club for our area will lend support to our habits.
Gotta go - there's a new South African Cab to start and I need to check on the funky apricot-date batch I started last night just for grins. Oh... about my wife's question. "Drink some, share some, drink some, enter some in a contest, drink some...."

No comments:

Post a Comment